Well, it’s been a while since any map-drawings have found their way to the Visio Guy blog-bits. And, judging by the messages I’ve been reading in the newsgroups, as well as personally receiving, there are a few more maps that you folks would like to see.
Since Mrs. Visio Guy and I are spending this year traveling around the world, it seemed appropriate that we offer up a map of the world for you to download!
So here we have it: in between hikes through rainforests, sky-diving adventures, and dolphin-watching tours, I’ve managed to produce a Visio drawing that shows all the countries of the world.
The shapes I used came from an older version of Visio (they have a copyright date of 1999), so there will have been border changes, and countries have surely appeared, been renamed, or disappeared entirely. (One change that comes to mind: Zaire is now Congo-something) But I imagine the shapes will nevertheless provide useful graphics for your geographic needs.
The drawing contains the usual Visio Guy map features, plus a few new ones:
- Each shape has a Custom Property (Shape Data field) that holds the name of the country
- Country-names are displayed on each shape on the page — this field is linked to the Custom Property (Shape Data field)
- Shapes can be automatically arranged and sized to each other via the right-click menus: Arrange to Page and Arrange to Shape
- Master shapes for each country can be found in the Document Stencil
- Master icons are color-coded by region to ease the search in a stencil with 165 masters!
(You can see there’s quite a few masters in the stencil — it’s probably just easier to copy the shapes from the drawing and paste them elsewhere!)
Download “Map of World (Visio 2002 version)”
Download “Map of World (Visio 5 version)”
Download “Map of World (Visio 2002 version)”s!Aj0wJuswNyXlhwEmXFQOYu3esics – Downloaded 30964 times – 103.00 B
Download “Map of World (Visio 5 version)”s!Aj0wJuswNyXlhwDBbRe4nuZ-I7jw – Downloaded 13649 times – 103.00 B