" /> Visio Guy » Map of Asia & Australia
Home » Drawings & Templates, Maps & Geography, Shapes

Map of Asia & Australia

Submitted by on October 31, 2006 – 10:56 pm | | 42748 views 16 Comments

Read Full ArticleNia hao ma and g’day mates! This week, we’ve got a Map of Asia & Australia for you to download. This complements the Map of North America, Map of Europe, and Map of Central & South America that we’ve offered you earlier.

To help the folks out in search land, this drawing contains Visio shapes of the following countries:

EN: Afghanistan, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, North Korea, South Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Russia, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam

DE: Afghanistan, Armenien, Australien, Bangladesch, Bhutan, Brunei, Kambodscha, China, Georgia, Indien,  Indonesien,  Japan, Kasachstan, Nordkorea, Südkorea, Kirgistan, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolei, Myanmar, Nepal, Neuseeland, Pakistan, Papua-Neuguinea, Philippinen, Rußland, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Tadschikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Usbekistan, Vietnam

Visio Map of Asia & Australia (338.37 KB) - 2789

• Christoph says:

I just started with Visio and thought I had to do it (=lager maps) all on my own, when I stumbled over this side. (I was looking for the missing country-shapes). Good work, thanks a lot!

My plan is do do a map covering the world, but when I tried to merge them they won’t fit 100 %. Can you give my a tip? I used protection (ratio) when scaling, but…

Christoph

Hey Christoph,

I’ll probably put up a map of the whole world fairly soon, but until then…

Did you try the right-mouse menu on the shapes that you have? There are options: Arrange To Shape and Arrange To Page that put the shapes together automatically.

I’m not sure if the various separate maps work together or not, and I think I broke a few of the shapes when I chopped off parts of the countries (like all the northern islands in Canada and Russia.

• Christoph says:

Greetings to the “Visio Guy”,

well, meanwhile I tried to build a map of my own when I realized that some countries were missing (India, China, etc.). So I used your shapes but at the edges they won’t fit, so I stopped the whole mapping project and now I am waiting for your new map. (I was thinking about using the freeware “General Mapping Tool (GMT)”, but it seems to be difficult to install…)

Christoph

• Jake says:

I too am dismayed at the lack of India & China shapes. Any chance you’ll be posting a complete ‘world map’ anytime soon? Will a donation help?

Hey Jake,

Well we’re just starting a trip around the world and will be heading Down Under and to Asia, so we too are getting inspired. It is my intention to get the whole world ready for downloading. We’ve just been busy packing! : )

Ciao,

• omkar says:

Map for India

Thanks for this map,but can u post India (with detail state) map.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi Omkar,

Check back once in awhile. I’ll add more maps when I get time.

• Jono says:

You would think that with China and India being one of the four BRIC countries, that Microsoft would have these countries included in the stencils! I guess Microsoft don’t do any business in these countries then!! :-)

Thanks for creating this, as I really needed these countries.

Hi Jono,

Glad you found these countries of Asia & Australia Visio shapes useful!

MS does do business in these countries, which is why they didn’t add the shapes. They didn’t want to get sued over stubborn border-politics issues. Not that you need to shed tears for Microsoft, but I can see how it gets hard being the Big Man on Campus. Every little move they make becomes a potential “deep pockets” lawsuit.

By the way, here’s a Wikipedia definition of BRIC Countries, for those who are interested!

• Dago says:

Thanks for this map. I’ll use it at my website. http://www.downunder-dago.com

• Stephen says:

Hi VisGuy,

Any chances of adding a little red dot called Singapore into your collection? It’s small but it’s there… 8)

Hi Stephen,

Well that is extremely bu hao, now isn’t it! I must have deleted that little guy when I was working on it. I think the Singapore shape has about five vertices :)

One of these days, maybe I’ll get a chance to fix it.

• tferrero says:

Do you have or do your know where to get ‘Middle East’ countries? I have used your Europe Map which goes Eat to Turkey, and here the Asia goes west to Afganistan on the south side.

I picked up an Africa stencil from th Big Guy, but can’t find a map for the Middle East east of Egypt including Saudi Arabia, Yemen…

Let me know – Thanks for all the tools

Looks like I’ve forgotten a whole continent! Thanks for the idea…

In a pinch, you can get the raw graphics from Wikipedia. This is a link to an SVG file:

You can import that into Visio and get the countries. You won’t have the extra treatments that might shape has, but it should do in a pinch.

• ethernal says:

Nice work. any plans for the map of Africa?

• femmy says: