Arno Nel has published links to a really cool set of Visio drawings that relate to Microsoft SharePoint on his blog: Arno Nel 2.0 – The Information Worker. The diagrams illustrate models, scenarios, and flowcharts for planning, designing and deploying SharePoint installations.
These high-quality Visio drawings were created by Microsoft for the Technet site, and include 16 model diagramss, 18 scenario diagrams and 3 flowcharts relating to SharePoint. That’s 37 awesome Visio diagrams in all!
The diagrams are poster sized, but you can print them on regular Letter or A4 sized paper by using the File > Page Setup… dialog:
Just click the Fit to radio button and enter 1 sheet across by 1 sheet down, then pray that your printer has a real high resolution.
For your convenience, here’s the list of Visio drawing-links:
- Model: Business Intelligence
- Model: Office SharePoint Server Application Security
- Model: Office SharePoint Server Backup and Restore
- Model: Office SharePoint Server Topologies
- Model: Office SharePoint Server Baseline Site Hierarchies
- Model: Office SharePoint Server Customization
- Model: Office SharePoint Server Database Administration
- Model: Office SharePoint Server Enterprise Content Management
- Model: Office SharePoint Server Extranet Topologies
- Model: Office SharePoint Server Inter-Farm Shared Services
- Model: Office SharePoint Server Products Migration
- Model: Office SharePoint Server Search Administration
- Model: Office SharePoint Server Shared Services
- Model: Upgrading Office SharePoint Server Products
- Model: Upgrading SharePoint Portal Server 2003 to Office SharePoint Server (1 of 2)
- Model: Upgrading SharePoint Portal Server Version 2 to Office SharePoint Server (2 of 2)
- Scenario: Enterprise Content Management
- Scenario: InfoPath Forms Services Customer Interaction Form
- Scenario: InfoPath Forms Services Expense Reporting
- Scenario: InfoPath Forms Services Insurance Claims
- Scenario: InfoPath Forms Services Permits
- Scenario: InfoPath Forms Services Supplier Survey
- Scenario: Keeping Connections to Data Sources Current
- Scenario: Large Corporate Internet Site (Infrequent Changes to Web Content)
- Scenario: Office SharePoint Server Call Center
- Scenario: Office SharePoint Server Corporate Intranet Portal Site
- Scenario: Office SharePoint Server Departmental Portal Site
- Scenario: Office SharePoint Server Equities Research
- Scenario: Office SharePoint Server Informational Portal Site
- Scenario: Office SharePoint Server Out-Hosted Portal Sites (ASPs)
- Scenario: Online News Internet Site (Frequent Web Content Updates and Searching)
- Scenario: Preserving “One Version of the Truth” for Distributed Workbooks
- Scenario: Records Management in Office SharePoint Server
- Scenario: Rendering Data from Spreadsheets to Web Parts
- Office SharePoint Server Planning Flowchart, Part I (application administrators)
- Office SharePoint Server Planning Flowchart, Part II (IT pros)
- Office SharePoint Server Deployment Flowchart
For more on Visio and SharePoint, see:
Unable to download the following diagrams. The files have not been uploaded properly.
Scenario: InfoPath Forms Services Insurance Claims
Model: Business Intelligence
Visio Guy says
These are all links from Microsoft, not uploads to Visio Guy. They seem to be working fine for me!
Ian Smith says
Resources for SharePoint 2007 are sometimes a little bit difficult to find, so this is an excellent source of visio drawings. There is a couple of huge Design and Architecture libraries at http://www.visio-for-sharepoint.com they are not free unfortunately, but they are well supported and there is over 850 shapes in the 2 libraries. Well worth a look.
Hi there! Where can I find a visio template or a set of shapes of a call centre environment?
Visio Guy says
What are you looking for? Flowcharts for handling call center procedures, telecom equipment shapes, network shapes?
Hi! I’m looking for flowcharts for handling call centre procedures.
Hi Visio Guy,
Like Veronica I am also interested in flow charts for handling call center procedures/ call center workflow. Do you have anything like this?
Hey visio guy! I work for an ISP in business development department. My job is to design internet/data/vpn solutions for corporate customers, using different last miles such as fiber, satellite, DSL, ISDN, Radio etc. My solutions include diagrams in visio as well, showing the connectivity that we can provide to our customers. Where can I get some sample diagrams showing different locations or buildings connected through different last miles,for both internet and data connectivity? and I am more interested in 3D diagramming. Please help me out.
Debby Binns says
Some really cool tools there. There should be a central DB of all SharePoint tools available on line!
Hi Visio Guy,
I’m trying to get the mouse-over function in the .vdw to work in SharePoint 2010. I have Visio 2010.
The mouse-over functions as a .vdw when I save it to my computer, but will not function in SharePoint.
Visio Guy says
In SharePoint, .VDWs are shown as SilverLight renderings of the underlying Visio file. If your MouseOver event is implemented in VBA, then it isn’t being called at all in SharePoint.
Customizing Visio Web Drawings in the Visio Web Access Web Part
I haven’t messed with it much, so I can’t give advice on it. Hopefully MSDN will give you what you need!
Visio Guy –
I too am looking for Call Center infrastruture and workflow shapes/stencils. Do you know of a source for these. Thanks!
I like others have been looking flowcharts for handling call center procedures, telecom equipment shapes, network shapes? I’m building scenarios for receiving calls for various groups and want to intertwine flow with procedure based on the choice(s) made by the caller.