" /> Visio Guy » SharePoint Planning Visio Diagrams
Home » Beyond Visio, Drawings & Templates

SharePoint Planning Visio Diagrams

Submitted by on December 5, 2006 – 7:00 am | | 68568 views 16 Comments

Arno Nel has published links to a really cool set of Visio drawings that relate to Microsoft SharePoint on his blog: Arno Nel 2.0 – The Information Worker. The diagrams illustrate models, scenarios, and flowcharts for planning, designing and deploying SharePoint installations.

These high-quality Visio drawings were created by Microsoft for the Technet site, and include 16 model diagramss, 18 scenario diagrams and 3 flowcharts relating to SharePoint. That’s 37 awesome Visio diagrams in all!

The diagrams are poster sized, but you can print them on regular Letter or A4 sized paper by using the File > Page Setup… dialog:

Page Setup Dialog

Just click the Fit to radio button and enter 1 sheet across by 1 sheet down, then pray that your printer has a real high resolution.

For your convenience, here’s the list of Visio drawing-links:

Models

Scenarios

Flowcharts

For more on Visio and SharePoint, see:

• sidG says:

Unable to download the following diagrams. The files have not been uploaded properly.

Scenario: InfoPath Forms Services Insurance Claims
    Model: Business Intelligence

These are all links from Microsoft, not uploads to Visio Guy. They seem to be working fine for me!

• Ian Smith says:

Resources for SharePoint 2007 are sometimes a little bit difficult to find, so this is an excellent source of visio drawings. There is a couple of huge Design and Architecture libraries at http://www.visio-for-sharepoint.com they are not free unfortunately, but they are well supported and there is over 850 shapes in the 2 libraries. Well worth a look.

• […] SharePoint Planning Visio Diagrams (9564) […]

• Veronica says:

Hi there! Where can I find a visio template or a set of shapes of a call centre environment?

Hi Veronica,

What are you looking for? Flowcharts for handling call center procedures, telecom equipment shapes, network shapes?

• Veronica says:

Hi! I’m looking for flowcharts for handling call centre procedures.

• Aaron says:

Hi Visio Guy,

Like Veronica I am also interested in flow charts for handling call center procedures/ call center workflow. Do you have anything like this?

• […] VisioGuy – This is a great resource for various SharePoint scenario modeling, including Architecture and Topology. […]

• Interrupted says:

Hey visio guy! I work for an ISP in business development department. My job is to design internet/data/vpn solutions for corporate customers, using different last miles such as fiber, satellite, DSL, ISDN, Radio etc. My solutions include diagrams in visio as well, showing the connectivity that we can provide to our customers. Where can I get some sample diagrams showing different locations or buildings connected through different last miles,for both internet and data connectivity? and I am more interested in 3D diagramming. Please help me out.

• Debby Binns says:

Some really cool tools there. There should be a central DB of all SharePoint tools available on line!

• […] Visio Models, Scenarios, and Flowcharts for Office SharePoint Server 2007 from Arno Nel As of this blog post, Arno Nel’s blog seems to have moved, and the original post is not longer available. However, Visio Guy has re-posted the links off of MSDN from Arno Nel, as well as some useful information when using these Visio documents. This “Guy” seems to have a lot of great content around Visio as well – be sure to give his site a look-see for things relating to Visio. […]

• Rina says:

Hi Visio Guy,

I’m trying to get the mouse-over function in the .vdw to work in SharePoint 2010. I have Visio 2010.

The mouse-over functions as a .vdw when I save it to my computer, but will not function in SharePoint.

Thanks,
    Rina

Hi Rina,

In SharePoint, .VDWs are shown as SilverLight renderings of the underlying Visio file. If your MouseOver event is implemented in VBA, then it isn’t being called at all in SharePoint.

There is a javaScript API for Visio Services, to get started, check out this MSDN article:

Customizing Visio Web Drawings in the Visio Web Access Web Part

I haven’t messed with it much, so I can’t give advice on it. Hopefully MSDN will give you what you need!

• Pat says:

Visio Guy –

I too am looking for Call Center infrastruture and workflow shapes/stencils. Do you know of a source for these. Thanks!

• Dee says:

Visio Guy,

I like others have been looking flowcharts for handling call center procedures, telecom equipment shapes, network shapes? I’m building scenarios for receiving calls for various groups and want to intertwine flow with procedure based on the choice(s) made by the caller.