Well, we’d love to think that Visio Guy is your end-all resource for all-things Visio, but that would be…well…stupid. But since you’re here already, we’d like to point you to a wonderful source of Visio information: Visio newsgroups!
If you’ve got a problem using Visio or developing a solution for Visio, you can simply post a question in the Visio newsgroup forums, and a member of the Visio community will might answer it!
Edit: Visio Guy also has it’s own discussion forums. Check them out at www.visguy.com/vgforum.
There are many ways to read newsgroups; either by using newsreader software like Outlook Express <cough>, or by visiting web-sites that host all the posts for you. Try one of the following links to get a feel for how the newsgroups look:
- Visio 2010 Forums on Microsoft Technet
- Visio Zone on Experts Exchange (requires subscription)
- Microsoft Discussion Groups Home Old-style newsgroups have been deprecated. Use Technet or the Visio Guy forum.
- Google Groups
Depending on your needs, there are sub-groups within the topic of Visio . Try to post your question in the most-appropriate sub-location.
Microsoft has a whole slew of newsgroups for Visio, spanning many languages.
Update: these have sadly been deprecated in favor of the Technet forums, which currently only has one section for Visio.
The English-language Visio newsgroups are:
The non-english Visio newsgroups are:
- microsoft.public.cn.visio (chinese)
- microsoft.public.kr.visio.qna (korean)
- microsoft.public.tr.visio (chinese traditional)
- microsoft.public.tw.visio (taiwanese)
- microsoft.public.de.german.visio (german)
- microsoft.public.es.visio (spanish)
- microsoft.public.fr.visio (french)
- microsoft.public.il.visio (hebrew/israel)
- microsoft.public.it.office.visio (italian)
- microsoft.public.jp.visio (japanese)
- microsoft.public.nl.office.visio (dutch)
If you are a fan of D-Tools‘ System Integrator products, they have a Visio section in their support forum. The questions range from very D-Tools-and-Visio-specific to general Visio questions, so it’s worth a look, now and then!
Our very own web site has a discussion forum too!