for canadian solar
[PHOTO] I know, it’s cheesy
Two things: computer graphics and environmental technology.
After many years deeply involved with the first item, it is time to tackle the second.
Smart, technical, artistic, creative.
Care deeply about cleaning up the world and using humanity’s brains to get out of this jam.
I have a mind for the technical, but
Manager of All Trades
Experience & Education
Providing customers with innovative graphical solutions for visualizing their data.
- d-Tools Corporation – Application Engineer
- Data Assist (now OneAssist) – Application Engineer
- Visio Corporation (acquired by Microsoft Corporation)
- Application Engineer
- Technology Evangelist & Consultant
- Forum administrator and moderator Visio Guy Forum
- Entrepreneur Gumroad Products Page
- BS Mechanical Engineering, University of Washington
- Dabble in online learning courses.
- VB.NET and VB/VBA.
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Office
- One of foremost ShapeSheet experts in the world. The ShapeSheet is an Excel-like spreadsheet interface that can be used to add intelligent behavior to graphical elements in the Visio application.
- TypeScript, HTML, CSS
- Writing (book, blog, etc.)
- Communicating with customers.
Author: Using Microsoft Visio 2010. Que Publishing, June 2011.
[image of book?]
Customers include: Cisco, Corning, d-Tools, Intallypy, Marathon Petroleum, Sandia National Labs, University of New South Wales, and Xilinx.
Accomplishments and Projects
I read daily about green technology and sustainable energy developments and issues.
ESME Ad-campaigns. These really need explanation…
Big band, orchestra
Drawing, artwork, creative blah blah
I do my part to fill up the internet with content. Here are some of the places where I contribute:
- Experts Exchange – My Contributions
- Facebook – Visio Guy
- Facebook – Good Morning Guy
- Twitter – Visio Guy
- YouTube – Visio Guy – Main Channel
- YouTube – Visio Guy – Using Visio 2010
- Visio Guy Blog – Expert Articles
- Visio Guy Discussion Forum – Visio Guy Forum – My Posts
I like to undertake creative endeavors whenever I get some free time. These typically involve visuals, drawing, and humor or satire. Below is a list of image galleries, code repositories and other content buckets.
Have a look, and enjoy!
- Good Morning Facebook page
My side endeavor to fiddle with photography, while spreading a bit of cheer and positive energy!
- JSFiddle Snippets
- Baby coaster ABC-123s
A set of letters and numbers with unique designs that I created to teach our daughter the ABCs and 123s.
- Dad-isms cartoons
Humorous cartoons that bring the silly sayings of my Dad and Grandpa to life…in unexpected ways!
- Hand-drawn Christmas cards
Back in high school and university, I apparently had free time to draw Christmas cards every winter!
- ESME Concert Ad campaign
I like to make my own personal “ad campaigns” for our amateur orchestra’s seasonal concerts.
- Illustrations & Images from my Visio Guy website
Google’s site + image search shows the thumbnails and illustrations I have created for my expert website. It’s interesting to scroll through the results and wonder how I had the time to create all of this stuff!
[TODO: Add some thumbnails to this page.]