Welcome to the Shapes Page!
Here you’ll find links to all shape-related articles on Visio Guy, as well as links to other Visio shape-related resources!
Visio Shapes – General
Visio Shapes – Engineering
Visio Shapes – Hobby
Visio Shapes – Network
Visio Shapes – Plan View
Visio Shapes – SharePoint
Visio Shapes – Wireframes, Website layout, IA
Visio Shapes Articles
- Moore’s Law VisualizationI’ve created an interesting visualization of “Moore’s Law” doublings that was inspired by a documentary I saw on YouTube. Read about it, check out the visuals, and download the source Visio file and do whatever you want with it!
- Draw the Virus with Boolean Operations!Learn how to build shapes using Visio’s boolean operations. We’ll join, trim, union and combine simple shapes together to form a quick but effective illustration of a Coronavirus. We’ll move shape pins and change their rotation point, and take a quick dive into the ShapeSheet as well. Finally, we’ll destroy the virus with the fragment ...
- Salesforce Schema Builder-style ERD ShapesDownload these free Visio ERD shapes that have the look of Salesforce’s Schemabuilder tool. Based upon Microsoft’s orginal “Crow’s Foot DB Notation” shapes, these shapes have nifty new features that should make them quite useful.
- Ordered List ShapesQuickly build indexed lists of boxes with these convenient “ordered list shapes”. Set a starting index, and a step, and you’re done!
- Extreme Scales in VisioJoin me as I STRESS TEST Visio’s drawing scale features and investigate what happens when you try to fit the Solar System on standard office paper!
- Hex Snap & Glue ShapesIf you’ve ever needed to snap shapes together in a hexagonal pattern, then you’ve come to the right place!
- Radial List ShapeDownload this innovative set of smart shapes that let you create a list of arc segments that can be easily edited and rearranged!
- Word Equation to Visio to SVGRead about my investigation and partial solution for importing Word math equations into Visio, and converting them to a state that they can then be exported to SVG.
- Calculator with Log SmartShapeDownload this free Calculator SmartShape that can preserve a history of your calculations!
- Visio Radial Grid v2If you enjoyed the first version of the Visio Radial Grid shape, well I’ve got a new version for your enjoyment and productivity enhancement! Overview At the end of the article about the first version of this shape, I added a bullet list of TODO items. I couldn’t resist implementing them, so here we are, a few ...